For the future, Hong Kong needs to ensure a stable, secure energy supply and also reduce the carbon intensity of the fuel mix as part of the transition to a low carbon economy. There are exciting advances in the science and technological development that will make this possible.
This seminar is to hear about these technologies from the experts and to discuss what’s possible in terms of Clean Energy in Hong Kong from nuclear and solar to cutting edge innovative technologies in tidal power.
Please come along to learn and engage in discussion on what’s possible in the fast moving field of clean energy. There will be drinks and refreshments before and after for informal discussion and networking.
- Prof Johnny Chan, Chair Professor of Atmospheric Science, School of Energy & Environment, City University of Hong Kong: on new developments in tidal power including trials in Hong Kong
- Prof Walid Daoud, Associate Professor, School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong: the latest in solar power technologies and their application in Hong Kong’s urban landscape
- Dr B L Luk, Chairman of Hong Kong Nuclear Society, Past Chairman of HKIE Nuclear Division and Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, City University of Hong Kong: nuclear power as a feasible source of clean energy, with a focus on safety and costs.
- Mr Mike Thomas, Partner, The Lantau Group (a leading economic consultancy based in Asia focused on the energy sector): what can Hong Kong learn from developments in renewable energy in the region.
|Date||10 January 2017 (Tuesday)|
|Time||5:30pm - 7:30pm (Registration starts at 5:00pm)|
|Format||Sharing sessions and Q&A followed by networking cocktail|
Please fill in the ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM (Registration Closed) to reserve your seat(s). Successful registrations will be notified separately. For registration or more information, please contact Ms Jill Chow (T. 2784 3942 | E. email@example.com).
(1) Registrations are subject to final confirmations from BEC
(2) Registrations of non-BEC members are subject to seats availability, after allowing for members’ registrations
(3) BEC reserves the right not to accept any registration, at its sole discretion and without the need to give explanations
Supporting Organisation: CLP Power Hong Kong Limited
CLP Power Hong Kong Limited (CLP Power) is a Hong Kong utility subsidiary wholly owned by CLP Holdings Limited, a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and one of the largest investor-owned power businesses in Asia. CLP Power operates a vertically integrated electricity supply business in Hong Kong, and provides a highly reliable supply of electricity and excellent customer service to 6 million people.