We are looking for a highly motivated individual and team player with strong background and interest in environmental policy, research and stakeholder engagement.
Policy & Research Team (P&R Team)
The Business Environment Council (BEC) P&R Team supports the organisation’s commitment to improving Hong Kong’s environmental performance and transition into a sustainable and net-zero society for the benefits of Hong Kong. Through the development of thought leadership, the publication of quality research papers and the transfer of knowledge, the P&R Team aims to inform and facilitate policy dialogue among major stakeholders and influence evidence-based public policy conducive to BEC’s vision and mission.
In our policy research and engagement work, the P&R Team collaborates closely with the Government, the business sectors, tertiary and research institutions, civil society groups and the wider community. We also provide secretariat support to BEC’s three advisory groups (AGs) on climate change, circular economy, and sustainable living environment, the three environmental focus areas (EFAs) under which BEC develops its research and projects. More information about AGs and EFAs can be read in our website.
- Develop research proposals and conduct research related to BEC’s priority policy areas under the three EFAs
- Support Team Head in writing reports, communicating findings and engaging stakeholders
- Engage BEC members to understand their business practices in relation to research context
- Implement changemaking projects to improve wider business sustainability
- Convene and support AG meetings and other AG activities
- Support BEC events and activities
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by Team Head
- Bachelor’s degree in disciplines that covers the topic areas mentioned below
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience desirable – research experience in environment issues or public policy and knowledge in climate change, carbon management, nature, waste management, circular economy, clean energy, sustainable transport, smart city, and / or green buildings; experience in proposal and report writing preferred
- For this round of recruitment, experience in climate change, carbon management and nature preferred
- Passionate about environmental, sustainability and public policy issues
- Self-motivated, a good team-player, creative and innovative, good problem-solving skills, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Good communication skills. Good written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Putonghua) an advantage. Also, the ability to communicate and engage with others
- Proven organisational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and capacity to deliver in a timely manner
- Proficient in MS applications particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed-term contract basis, renewable subject to performance and operational needs. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
BEC is an equal opportunity employer and offers attractive career prospects to the successful candidate. Apply with full resume including current and expected salary and date of availability by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter is preferred.