Building and Energy Efficiency
Building and Energy Efficiency forms an integral part of our focus at BEC. Building on our long history in green buildings management, we help businesses implement the latest technology to upgrade the performance of the built environment, enhance energy efficiency, reduce operating costs, and remain competitive in a low-carbon world.
Green Building Labelling is one of the key initiatives of BEC. We initiated Hong Kong's Building Environmental Assessment Method ("BEAM") in 1996 and helped develop different BEAM Plus rating tools. Currently, we continue to contribute and advise on built environment-related matters.
- Building environmental evaluation, footprinting and benchmarking
- Energy and carbon audits
- BEAM Professional
- LEED, China GBL and WELL advisory
- Gap analysis of strategies and action plans; and assessment of required investment and expected returns
- Innovative designs and practices
- Staff training and behaviour change
- Sustainable building research